The Linn Grove City Council meets every 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING for PROPERTY TAX LEVY
February 13, 2020 - 7:05 PM - Linn Grove Community Center
Click for official notice/more information.
Next Meeting Agenda:
Linn Grove City Council
March 12, 2020
Linn Grove Community Center
NOTICE TO PUBLIC: The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public during discussion. You are expected to state you name for the record and limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair.
- Call Meeting to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adopt the Agenda
- Approve Previous Meeting minutes
- Approve Bills/Clerks-Treasurer’s Report
- Close Regular Council Meeting
- Open Public Hearing for discussion on City of Linn Grove FY2020-2021 Budget
Close Public Hearing
- Reopen Regular City Council Meeting
- Old Business
a) Update on Municipal Infraction
b) Update on Bridge Annex
c) South of River Water Project update-remaining waterline
d)NIMS Training Wednesday April 1
e) FEMA update
- New Business
a) Approval Public Safety & Building Inspector
b) Barbara Sennert extra hours
c) Angela Crewther Building Rental
d) Establish Park Board - free trees
e) Playground work day
f) Ordinance 824 An Ordinance amending Title II, Chapter I, Section 3.05(4) of the Linn Grove City Code concering reconnection of disconnected water service.
g) Resolution 2020-4 Approving Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget
h) Resolution 2020-5 Approval of play Survey within Corporate limits of Linn Grove, Iowa Purchased by Dennis Graesing from City of Linn Grove on October 10, 1991 by Resolutions 91-9 & 91-10
i) Resolution 2020-6 A Resolution adopting to award contract to SCE Construction for Project Water Treatment Plant Piping Replacement
j) Town signs
k) Cattle north of River
l) City Clerk job description - set hourly wage
m) Water Superintendent/Sewer job description - set hourly wage
- Library Report
- Park Report
- Maintenance Report
- Clerk's Report
a) B.V. Sheriff hours - 33 hours
b) Shut of letters - 12
- Announcements - Open Forum
ORDINANCE Frequent Issues
|Mowing & Appearance of Lawn
Grass, weeds or brush shall be cut, mowed and maintained at uniform height so as not to exceed six inches (6") in developed residential areas and business/industrial areas.
Every owner shall cut and control noxious weeds upon the owner's property. Noxious weeds include any weed growth or plant designed as noxious by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations or by the Code of Iowa.
An "abandoned vehicle" means a vehicle that has an of the following:
- Vehicle that has been left unattended on public property for more than twenty-four (24) hours and lacks current registration plates, or two(2) or more wheels or other parts that renders the vehicles totally inoperable.
- A motor vehicle that has remained illegally on public property for more than twenty-four (24) hours.
- A vehicle that has been unlawfully parked or placed on private property without the consent of the owner or person in control of the property for more than twenty-four (24) hours.
- Any vehicle parked on the highway determined by a police authority to create a hazard to other vehicle traffic.
|Fences & Hedges
Prior to the contruction of any fence or hedge, application shal be made to the City Clerk and a permit obtained for.
Must not exceed four feet (4') in height in any required front yard and six feet (6') in height in any required side or rear yards. Fences in excess of six feet (6') will be allowed in the cases of tennis courts and swimming pools, subject to further restrictions.
Permitted to be constructed up to any property line and perennial plantings shall not be planted closer than three feet (3') to any property line. Trees may not be located not less than six feet (6') from the property line.
See city ordinances at clerk's office for further details into fences regarding:
- Line of Site Visibility (at Intersections)
- Permitted & Prohibited Fence Material
- Good Neighbor Provision
- Barbed Wire and Electrical Fence
||All buildings or structures, including residences, schoolhouses, churches and other similar structures in a residence district must first obtain a building permit prior to construction, re-construction and alteration to ensure compliance of applicable rules and regulations of the City of Linn Grove Code of Ordinances and State of Iowa.
Please note that the ordinance information listed above is not the full ordinance. It is only a portion of the city ordinance. For more information on Linn Grove's City Ordinances, contact the city clerk or mayor.
Located in Community Center
110 Weaver St.