The Linn Grove City Council meets every 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Next Meeting Agenda:
Linn Grove City Council
April 11, 2019
Linn Grove Community Center
NOTICE TO PUBLIC: The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public during discussion. You are expected to state you name for the record and limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair.
- Call Meeting to Order
- Adopt the Agenda
- Approve Previous Meeting minutes
- Approve Bills/Clerks-Treasurer’s Report
- Old Business
a) Class Reunion Party
b) Update Municipal infraction
- New Business
a) Tanya Herrig, Rice & Lehr
b) Water, Sewer & Garbage rate increase
c) Set Public Hearing Resolution 2019-6 for Water, Sewer & Garbage Rate increase. 1st Reading of new Water Sewer & Garbage ordinances
d) Recycling changes from BV Co. Recycle Center
e) Blacktop Service Company - where to repair roads
f) Resolution 2019-3 Resolution adopting procurement Policy for Federal grants and funding for the City of Linn Grove, Iowa
g) Resolution 2019-4 Resolution adopting fraud reporting policy for federal grants and funding for City of Linn Grove, Iowa
h) Resolution 2019-5 Resolution for adopting a conflict of interest policy for federal grants and funding for the City of Linn Grove, Iowa
- Library Report
- Park Report
- Maintenance Report
- Clerk's Report
a) B.V. Sheriff hours - 21 hours
b) Shut of letters - 5
- Announcements - Open Forum
ORDINANCE Frequent Issues
|Mowing & Appearance of Lawn
Grass, weeds or brush shall be cut, mowed and maintained at uniform height so as not to exceed six inches (6") in developed residential areas and business/industrial areas.
Every owner shall cut and control noxious weeds upon the owner's property. Noxious weeds include any weed growth or plant designed as noxious by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations or by the Code of Iowa.
An "abandoned vehicle" means a vehicle that has an of the following:
- Vehicle that has been left unattended on public property for more than twenty-four (24) hours and lacks current registration plates, or two(2) or more wheels or other parts that renders the vehicles totally inoperable.
- A motor vehicle that has remained illegally on public property for more than twenty-four (24) hours.
- A vehicle that has been unlawfully parked or placed on private property without the consent of the owner or person in control of the property for more than twenty-four (24) hours.
- Any vehicle parked on the highway determined by a police authority to create a hazard to other vehicle traffic.
|Fences & Hedges
Prior to the contruction of any fence or hedge, application shal be made to the City Clerk and a permit obtained for.
Must not exceed four feet (4') in height in any required front yard and six feet (6') in height in any required side or rear yards. Fences in excess of six feet (6') will be allowed in the cases of tennis courts and swimming pools, subject to further restrictions.
Permitted to be constructed up to any property line and perennial plantings shall not be planted closer than three feet (3') to any property line. Trees may not be located not less than six feet (6') from the property line.
See city ordinances at clerk's office for further details into fences regarding:
- Line of Site Visibility (at Intersections)
- Permitted & Prohibited Fence Material
- Good Neighbor Provision
- Barbed Wire and Electrical Fence
||All buildings or structures, including residences, schoolhouses, churches and other similar structures in a residence district must first obtain a building permit prior to construction, re-construction and alteration to ensure compliance of applicable rules and regulations of the City of Linn Grove Code of Ordinances and State of Iowa.
Please note that the ordinance information listed above is not the full ordinance. It is only a portion of the city ordinance. For more information on Linn Grove's City Ordinances, contact the city clerk or mayor.
Located in Community Center
110 Weaver St.